Maternity cover: 9 – 12 month contract
Salary: In the region of £26,000 per annum, depending on experience
Closing date for applications: 11am on 19 October 2016
Interviews: 19 – 26 October 2016
Start Date: 12 December 2016
This is a varied and demanding role, and you will be responsible for the smooth running of the company. This includes managing the Chairman and Executive Director’s diaries, organising all overseas travel and ensuring the overall running of the office. You will be the first point of contact for all queries, and relied upon by all staff. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced PA and Office Manager to join a small but busy team.
PA to the Chairman and occasional diary management and support to the Executive Director;
- Scheduling and running busy and demanding diaries.
- Managing split between AML / House of Lords / NGO / foreign travel requirements.
- Arranging high level meetings and preparing the relevant meeting briefings.
Managing all travel bookings and travel schedules for the Chairman and team;
- International and domestic travel, including all bookings, visas, currencies and expenses.
- Often includes arranging high level meetings in various African countries.
- General office admin, including telephones, stationery, kitchen supplies, welcoming visitors and relationship management with office suppliers.
- Updating business contacts into database.
- Managing meeting room schedule.
- Being health and safety officer and fire officer (training will be provided).
- Assisting the directors with new staff members, drawing up the relevant contract when relevant.
- Managing the Sponsorship Management System for migrant workers.
- Staff attendance management.
- Some ad hoc event work for small scale events.
We are looking for a patient, confident and diplomatic team-player who enjoys working with people and is able to form positive working relationships.
You will have excellent communication skills at all levels, be fluent in the English language and be organised, focused, and able to operate independently, whilst managing a high workload. At least 2 years previous experience in a similar PA & Office Management role is essential, and you must have good experience using Microsoft Office.
Strong problem solving skills is important in this role, as is the ability to remain calm and interact with colleagues in a professional and sensitive manner. You will understand the importance of confidentiality and maintain discreet working practices. Some events support experience will also be preferred.
Candidates with an interest in Africa will be preferred, although not required.
Please email a full cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11am on 19 October 2016.