Job Title: Manager – Southern Africa
Salary: Dependent on experience
Deadline: Friday 11 November 2016
We are looking to strengthen our team with a passionate individual with relevant experience who will contribute to a boutique consultancy’s growth and to our service offering for blue chip clients across the African continent.
This role will be focused on our work for clients in Southern Africa. The candidate will have an understanding and practical experience of Southern Africa and the opportunities and challenges that exist for businesses there. Much can be learned on the job, but the successful candidate will have a solid track record upon which to build. The candidate will be required to support clients’ growth and expansion in relevant countries. There will also be an expectation to contribute to business development in the region.
Role and responsibilities
- Keep key clients informed of political, economic, regulatory and sector specific developments in their target markets;
- Monitor and report on key policy developments, providing analysis of their possible impact on clients’ business;
- Proactively identify new business opportunities for AML;
- Manage relationships with clients in a professional and commercial manner;
- Grow AML’s consultancy portfolio of Southern Africa related work;
- Forge and develop new relationships to maintain and grow AML’s network in Southern Africa;
- Play a creative role in how AML visually presents information to clients;
- Provide reasonable administrative support.
Preferred candidate characteristics
- Precision in both written and oral communication.
- Good understanding of the region.
- Interest in the private sector beyond simply how companies relate to governments.
- A dynamic networker able to quickly identify how AML can be relevant to potential clients.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Proven research ability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an existing network in the region.
- Additional languages would be desirable.
- Knowledge of draw.io would be useful.
Please submit a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11 November.