Manager – North & Francophone Africa
On the back of new investment in the company and a transition of ownership, Africa Matters Ltd (“AML”) are looking to strengthen our team with a passionate individual, with relevant experience, who will contribute to our service offering for blue chip clients across the African continent and play a role in the company’s growth. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to join a growing consultancy and take on the personal commercial responsibilities associated with playing a part in that growth.
This role will focus on our work for clients in North and Francophone Africa. The candidate will have an understanding and practical experience of the region, and the opportunities and challenges that exist for businesses there. Much can be learned on the job, but the successful candidate will have a solid track record upon which to build. The candidate will be required to support clients’ expansion and operations in relevant countries. There will also be an expectation to contribute to business development in the region.
Role and responsibilities
- Keep key clients informed of political, economic, regulatory and sector specific developments in their target markets;
- Produce high calibre compliance and investigative reports for clients;
- Proactively identify new business opportunities for AML;
- Manage relationships with clients in a professional and commercial manner;
- Grow AML’s consultancy portfolio in the region;
- Forge new relationships to maintain and grow AML’s network in the region; and
- Play a creative role in improving AML’s content delivery to clients.
Preferred candidate characteristics
- Precision in both written and oral communication.
- A good understanding of the region.
- Interest in the private sector beyond simply how companies relate to governments.
- A dynamic networker able to quickly identify how AML can be relevant to potential clients.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Proven research ability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent English and French language skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an existing network in the region.
- Additional languages would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Arabic and graphics software such as Draw.io would be useful, though not essential.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 3 January 2017.
Interviews will be conducted throughout December and Janauary, as selected candidates are avaialable.
Salary and bonus
- £40-£60k basic, dependent on experience